Wednesday, April 7, 2010


The first step to creating your dream garage is creating an organization plan. We all have stuff we don't use, don't need, or don't know we have. After you inventory the contents of your garage you have to decide what you don't need. Letting go of the things you REALLY don't need can be difficult. I know I can justify keeping everything in my garage the first time I look at it. So I suggest having three piles for your stuff. The stuff you will keep, the stuff you might keep, and the stuff you are sure you'll eliminate. You might actually make some money during this phase. Craigslist, eBay, yard sales, and any other way to sell your stuff could help pay for your new floor or cabinets. Once you know what you'll keep you can start woking on where you will keep it. Cabinets, shelving, open storage, and even hanging from the ceiling are a few options for storage. Every garage is different. Your garage will suit your lifestyle and your interests. Tell me how you would handle this phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment